Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another Successful Weigh-In Day

Had an appointment with Dr. AsianHonoraryJew today. I go every two weeks. Maybe if for no other reason than to have to be accountable to someone other than myself. Anyway, today the almighty scale had good news for me. Thank goodness since I gained a pound 2 weeks ago. I know, I know. But, still. I lost 3. Now, I'm down a total of 92 and am at 158. I have a big goal for the next 2 weeks. 8 pounds. Down to 150. Down 100 pounds. I will have lost Mary-Kate Olsen. Hefty goal. Extreme. It's so totally such a Sharon thing to do. I've done it before. 8 pounds in two weeks.

I just re-read that and had it highlighted and ready to delete because my initial thought was, "Riiiight...obsess much?" and didn't really want to share that with the world. But, so far, I've poured my heart and soul into this blog, so why not have an actual example? I get caught up in the numbers. I like round numbers. I like even numbers. Except 6, I really don't like the number 6. It's kind of ugly. Interestingly enough, while I don't like odd numbers, I like square-root-able numbers. Actually, I don't. I just thought about it. Only 9 and 27. Must be something about 3. Trifecta. Food. Alcohol. Sex. (Psst...mommy, it's all your fault...) Ya know, I don't really like even numbers at all. I have a compulsion to cut them in half. 58. 29. But, it flips here. I like 58 because I have to really think for a while and it's a challenge to get to 29. But, I hate prime numbers except 3 apparently, so 29 is bad because it's prime, good cuz it's a challenge to figure out it's prime, and really bad because now u've wasted all of this energy trying to figure something out that can't be figured out. I'm not really actually clinically "crazy" even though from what you just read, it may seem to be the case. The thing is, all of that blabber took a whole lot longer to type than it did to think. It's like a split second kinda deal.

And all of that chatter because I lost 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks.

No comments: